Sabet Asks For Urgent Prayer!

“But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.” 1 Peter 5:10
We are trusting the Lord at this time as we are feeling quite stretched. Sabet called today and asked for prayer. At 4 am this morning he awoke to gunfire, as retaliation from the attack in which Matoch was injured, occurred in a village called Bagdare about seven minutes from our compound. The attack was brutal and there were quite a few deaths and several children killed and injured. Among them, three year old Agan was shot in the face and a woman named Achweel has severe gunshot injuries to the arm and leg shattering the bones and both limbs may need amputation. Our clinic was able to treat most the patients but these two need more care than we are equipped to give. Our vehicle took them 70 miles (3 hours) to the hospital in Wau, only to find it closed due to some gunfire and insecurity there. They came back to Tonj and Sabet contacted me and AIM AIR to arrange a medical evacuation to Nairobi for treatment. The soonest we are able to get them out is Saturday, where they will be taken immediately to Kijabe Missions Hospital. To reassure you, we praise the Lord that our compound is safe and a place of refuge. Sabet and our staff are safe inside the compound.

Please pray for our medical team as they work around the clock in difficult conditions. Pray also for me and Stacie as we receive the victims in Nairobi. We still have Matoch with us who was discharged and is waiting for a check-up next Tuesday to see if a second surgery is necessary. This attack will effect our return. Pray for Sabet, me and the kids as we spend an indefinite amount of time apart from each other. Pray for Agan and Achweel that the Lord would sustain them through this waiting period to get treatment. Pray for favor with immigration, travel, logistics and Albino (one of our Sudanese staff) who will escort them.

We have asked for financial help in the past 2 weeks and are grateful for the many who gave generously to Matoch and the cost to evacuate him. It’s hard to ask you to pray about helping with this financial need also but we must. So please pray and if you are led to help, go to our website to give a gift.

Thank you for allowing us to share this burden. We will keep you updated.
Suzy (on behalf of Sabet and the team)