Macleods Back on Mission!
It has been a blessing to have our missionaries come back from New Zealand. Our hearts were weary and Jono, Destinee, Zoe, Ellisha and Shiloh brought a much-needed spirit of joy, excitement and energy to our team after a tough ten months.
- Pray for their readjustment especially the kids’ hearts having been in New Zealand longer than planned, that they could get back into their routines and reconnect easily here.
- Pray for their homeschool needs (if you know any young woman that might like to serve the Macleods in this way as a homeschool teacher for one year please email me).
- Pray for their safety, we have had a lot of tribal unrest in the villages.
- Pray for their health, protection from malaria, coronavirus, scorpions, snakes and now rabies is rampant.
- Pray the Lord would use them to encourage, teach, and bless this community and make them effective witnesses of the Gospel.
- Pray all their financial needs would be met as they as they enter their 7th year serving with IDAT.
“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.” Galatians 6:9
Pray for the Sports Outreach!
We are so excited to launch our 2020 IDAT Soccer Tournament this month. It is bigger and better than ever before. We have 16 soccer teams, 8 volleyball and basketball teams. Thank you for generously giving so we could provide the teams with new kits and soccer boots.
This tournament provides an outlet to the youth of Tonj and gives us a platform to reach them with the gospel.
Our clinical officer Gabriel Gojoh will play in the tournament. He helped Suzy with ordering the kits that proudly display the IDAT logo and every clubs badge!
In the seven months we were not able to meet we worked on the new church land, constructing the fence and installing a gate to prepare for the ‘big move’ of CC Tonj. Little did we know this is where we would be doing food distributions. We don’t have an actual building, but we are using a tent and tarp to provide shelter from rain and sun.
When the government lifted the restrictions on churches being able to meet, we had an amazing response.
We also saw people coming forward to receive Christ as our church elders laid hands on them.