Sabet’s USA Visit!
We are praising God and rejoicing in the Lord for Sabet’s safe travel to and from America in May. He successfully was able to reconnect with ministry partners, visit family and friends and update many on our progress in Tonj. This is a calling to bring Jesus to the Southern Sudanese people and something you all have been part-takers in. Sabet was so encouraged and blessed by the outpouring of love many of you showed him during his visit. Thank you for sharing your time and resources with us so we can continue in this amazing ministry for another 14 years and beyond! He was humbled by the kindest and provision for all his needs while he was stateside. Thank you for being such awesome partners to us as we serve our Lord Jesus in South Sudan.
As co-workers together in the Great Commission we feel it is important to bring Glory to God and rejoice in the achievements and impact our ministry is having. As we share some numbers with you, hopefully this will put into perspective the scale of the work we do and the difference each one of you is making in South Sudan and how important your support to us is:
- 1,000 out-patients are seen every month in our Tonj clinic.
- Over 100 patients are seen each week at our Maloney village outreach.
- The Antenatal clinic is seeing over 100 pregnant mothers every week, with an average of one birth every day in the clinic.
- The clinic gives immunization to over 130 children under the age of five per month.
- We only experienced 5 deaths in four months, this is truly a miracle for South Sudan.
- We only had to refer nine cases for further treatment in four months, our lowest to date.
- We admitted over 40 patients a week, even though we are not a hospital we often offer these services knowing the patient would die if we didn’t.
- In four months over 4,000 heard the gospel message as they waited to see the doctor or nurses.
- Over 800 patients got to pray with our pastors one on one; accepting the Lord Jesus as Savior and each one received spiritual counsel. This need has resulted in 7 church plants.
- The Jesus film has been shown to over 400 students in 2 months resulting in a Youth bible study with IDAT pastors.
As you can see we have a lot to be praising God for and much to be praying about as the ministry and the needs continue to grow and more people are reached with the Gospel.
Lab Testing Saves Lives!
The doctor’s at the Center for Tropical and Travel Medicine in Nairobi have given us one of their trained Lab Techs to work in the clinic. Dr. Ruth explained that if the lab tech gets it wrong then all the work of the doctors and pharmacists is also a waste of time. That is why she retrains every lab tech that comes to her whether experienced or straight out of school as nearly all of them need it. Getting the right lab tech is critical to the clinic running efficiently and so we are so blessed to have Maureen join our team and share her skills with the community of Tonj.
Please pray for her as she settles and experiences South Sudan for the first time.
- For the multitude of patients seen by the clinic every month – that they would each feel and know the love of their Savior as they are treated by our staff
- For the processing of Agum’s visa